Biochemistry Research Center
- Director：Keisuke Hino, M.D., Ph.D.
Outlines of the Biochemistry Research Center
The Center was founded for the purpose of providing biochemical equipment, instrumentation and working space for common use to promote active biochemical research.
The Center comprises four parts:
- Instrumentation Division
- Laboratories No. 1 to 10
- Cold room and other facilities
- Recombinant DNA research (P-2) room / biohazard room
Registered users may use benches in the laboratories.
Instruments located within the Center include:
- Spectrophotometers, fluorometers and luminometers
- Laser capture and confocal laser microscopes
- Regular and ultra high-speed centrifuges
- HPLC and automatic amino acid analyzer
- LC-MS/MS and atomic absorption spectrophotometer
- DNA sequencers
- Safety cabinets, CO2 incubator, autoclaves, etc.
Our staff manages the following instruments:
- Capillary DNA sequencers, amino acid analyzer and LC-MS/MS.
- The biohazard room is only for P-2 level recombinant DNA experiment use.
- P-1 level experiments can be done anywhere within the Center.